CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

YAY!! A loss

Week 1 back on WW was a success. I lost 1.7kg. I was worried I had lost nothing, but in the end I did really well. So, I can do it!! I just need to be motivated and positive.

I like my meeting, but there is a husband & wife couple there, and they know the leader from previous meeting, and they like to dominate the meetings, and the leader entertains it. It is a bit annoying. last night we got put into groups to do an exercise, and I was asked a question by a lady in our group, and as I was trying to answer I got blatently cut off by the wife! I was not impressed, and if anything it cause me to just shut my mouth rather than say anything.

I was annoyed, and as it is I don't generally say much at meetings, and finally when I do I get cut off or talked over (this happened when the leader was asking me about my weight loss, and how my week went in front of the other members). Maybe its just me.... I guess I had an instant dislike to them last week becasue they dominated the leader, and I didn't get a chance to really talk to her.... Disappointed is the best way to describe it.

I go to meetings for a bit of support, and last night it just felt like I didn't get it.

OK, RANT over. I lost 1.7kg!! Time to be happy!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

What a fantastic loss. You must be so happy with your great start.

I hear you about the loud mouths at meetings. We have one too that has to answer every question and not let anyone else talk. I think it's up to the leader to take them aside and explain that everyone wants to have a say.

Hope it improves.

Colleen Barnett said...

I agree with Tina. It's up to the leader to put a stop to it. Maybe one day on the quiet you should tell her you love the meetings, but would get more out of it is certain people didn't dominate. You find it off-putting when you are undermined. Leave it at that.

Congratulations, and take from it what you can. Ignore the politics of the meeting and focus on what you can glean from it. You won't be disappointed. I for one am proud of you! xxx

Chris H said...

Good loss chick.
Change meetings or talk to the leader about how you feel. I would hate that treatment.