CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cat update

Well, Gemi was much more mellow when I got home this arvo. Still in the same position, but accepting of pats and actually got a purr outa him. I still took him to the vet, and she couldn't find anything physically wrong (except having a weird set of back legs), and thinks that he has just been mentally traumatised by the other cat being in the house.

My theory is that the feral chased Gemi into the house and taunted him... and thats why Gemi is so stressed out. The vet thinks that the feral would have been pretty shaken up aswell, and that it is unlikely to come back.

So we're on the hunt for a cat door that will only let my cats into the house (they have special magnets on their collars which will lock and unlock the door). I expect that will be expensive... but I don't want to go through another situation like yesterday.

So time for bed now..... its been a long day, and I'm looking forward to culing up in bed and listening to the rain..... .

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Whew. That was lucky wasn't it. I am so happy that there was nothing wrong with your little friend. It's very scary isn't it?

The magnetic collar idea is a great one. My bloke stays inside all day (he has never been allowed out when we are not home). I hate to think what he gets up to but I suspect there is an awful lot of sleeping going on behind my back...

But anyway, I am so glad. Just keep giving him lots of love and attention and you should see an improvement.

xx

MISS PINKY said...

Far out!!!! What a drama!!!

I understand your feelings about your pets...I am the same. My dogs are like my babies.

I am glad your cat is better now. I imagine it would have freaked him out! I have never heard of the magnetic cat doors....Such a great idea!!

My boyfriend's friend had a dog door (not magnetic) and came home one day to find an extra dog in the house sitting on the lounge....A huge huskie! I can imagine how much he freaked out!!

Miss Pinky

Waffles said...

Gosh poor lil cat!! I hope he settles down!