CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Another year older



So, I was thinking about what I was doing on my 22nd birthday, and the thoughts that got dragged out of the depths were not good ones. I was experiencing my first boyfriend and subsequesnt physical abuse, I was regularly taking drugs, I had alienated my family, and I had moved out of home with said boyfriend. I was also working as a car detailer - cleaning cars. At the time I was young and impressionable.....and didn't know any better.



So now I start to look at the past few years, and see how much I have accomplished since losing said dickhead boyfriend, and gaining Andrew in my life. I have grown wiser and smarter, and STRONGER.



I have suceeded and am suceeding in a good job. I am loved by my parents again. I own a house. I am completely drug free including cigarettes (can't kick the caffine though). I am in a wonderful abuse-free relationship. I am not too far off completing my accounting degree.



I have a lot to be proud of. And I am proud of myself in what I have achieved. I may still be fat, but I DO NOT smoke cigarettes. I own my own home - a dream 10 years ago that I had pushed far out of reach..... I own a lounge suite too.... lets not forget that bit!! :)



I am 32, and I am a success.....









5 comments:

Chris H said...

Happy Birthday chick, YES you have done well in the last 10 years! And lets not forget the new lounge suite!

Colleen Barnett said...

And good on you, honey, for all the good things in your life (especially the new lounge suite!).

You are a winner in every sense of the word and you should be very proud of yourself!

Happy birthday and here's to ten (and many, many) more!

xxxx

PS What time is cake???

Waffles said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

You have done extremely well for yourself and you should be very proud:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! and a massive congratulations for all you've achieved!! To have come from rock bottom and reach where you are now is certainly something to be proud of - WELL DONE!! :-D moose

MISS PINKY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

You have achieved so much in 10 years....really turned your life around. You should be very proud of yourself!!!

By the way, I love the lounge and the cats! The black and white one looks like a cat I had when I was young.....he lived until he was 18 years old. He was beautiful!!!

Hope you had a great birthday and got really spoilt!!!