CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 13, 2008

YAY!! FRIDAY!!

This week has been short with the public holiday, and cause there has been so much to do at work, the days have just flown past.

Thanks goodness we have a heater in our offices, its bloody freezing this morning!! I love winter, but really struggled to get out of bed, and into the shower today. I'm even wearing my gloves when I drive to work now.

Not much planned for the weekend. My main concern is to go easy on food. Weekends are usually really bad for me for shoving heaps of crap in my mouth. So if I can survive this weekend, and drink water by the bottle full, then I should be well on my way to start breaking some BAD habits I have accrued over the past 4 months or so.

Hopefully we are going for a walk in the morning, then off to lunch with my best mate, and then going to see the movie 'sex and the city'! I am a HUGE fan (own the box set), and am so looking forward to seeing it.

Sunday will be quiet I think. I would love to finish my book this weekend, and get on to the next installment....but we'll see how I go. I'm reading a series by Diana Gabaldon and its about an english woman who goes back in time by 200 years in Scotland, and ends up getting involves with the Scottish highland men, and their war in the 1740's. The books are so full of passion, and excitement!! There are 6 in the series (800pgs ea), and I'm not far off finishing book number 2. I love books that just suck me in and are so enjoyable.

Anyhoo... onward with Friday!!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

It's great to get into a series of books. I find that incredible feeling of letdown, though, when you finish and there is no more. You start looking for something else to get stuck into.

I love Dean Koontz, Patricia Cornwall, and well, too many others to mention, but you find yourself looking for the next book they bring out. I read a lot of true crime now, and enjoy a good murder mystery. But lately I seem to be very restless and the only time I sit still long enough to read is during breakfast, usually with Wally on my lap.

Waffles said...

Oooh enjoy the movie!!! I'll have to wait til dvd is out...bloody kids!!lol