CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday at home

Tne first part of my training course on Thurs and Friday was great. Very very interesting. We did the Myers-Briggs personality prefernce test, and that really confirmed for me who I am when I got given the information. It was actually scary that so much of it was true.


We did a fair bit of workshopping learning about how we learn, the myers-briggs, and also thnking about ourslves a lot. The 2 days were a focus on ourselves... and I actually got rather upset at one point becuase I don't like to focus on myself as I have a lot of anger and resentment that I have not learnt to get rid of. But all in all it was very good.



I did this!!!! The leap of faith!!! I'm so proud of myslef for doing it, and even though I didn't reach the trapeze, I still jumped off, and trusted the person at the other end. We also did a high ropes course which scared the absolute crap outa me, but I did it, and if I hadn't I would have regretted it.

I must have had some sort of impact on my leader, because she gave me a big hug as I was leaving - I think she'd seen me get upset at one point, and knew I was struggling with a few things. The leaders were awesome, and all the other people (9) were really nice. I struggle in new social situations, so for me to be able to get along with and talk to everyone was another great achievement for me.

so today is cleaning the shed at home, and then spending the arvo relaxing. Back to work tomorrow.... I have a new employee starting, so it should be an intersting and busy day. starting at 7am... And I think I'll be starting at that time most days for the next few months. Thank god Andrew has his licence! And I can actually go to bed early.

1 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Hey, I am very proud of you! Well done for a number of reasons, first of all taking a very in depth look at yourself. It's not always easy and you did it. Congratulations!

And you have more guts than I would - I hate heights and would really have struggled with that jump thing! I honestly don't think I could have done it. You deserve a medal!

xxx