So my plan for a new start on Monday kinda fell in a heap when we decided to have the berry crumble for dessert. The rest of the day was good. So I only had a small slip up - and did not do much more damage than that.
Finding it so hard to get back on the weight losing wagon...first time I did it no worries, this time - is just so difficult! Can't manage to get my head into the right space. BUT anyways, enough excuses, just need to get on with it. Another thing that I find difficult is that we eat a lot of packet dinner mixes like chow mein, strog, curries. They are high in salt if anything, as they are all add water and maybe sour cream. But they are so much easier when Andrew is working at night, and I can just cook it up, have mine then leave his for when he wakes up...I think these things are not helping my cause - but I do add heaps of vegies to anything I make - Andrew gets annoyed, cause I never just follow the receipe!!
My course is completed. We won the great debate which was awesome, and it was rather sad having to leave everyone that I had started to bond with. But we are all meeting up again in a few months which will be nice. I have learnet a lot from the course, and will certainly be making some changes to both work and personal life over the next few months.
Yes, Froggy, I do sleep better when Andrew is working at night - I struggle when he is home - but do really enjoy it when he is there. And my cats love it when he works at night - cause they can sleep on the bed. I don't have to stay really quiet when I get home - he can sleep really well which is lucky, and the way our house is shaped, the bedroom is at the back, so not a lot of chance of me annoying him.
I have just realised that the holiday I am planning cuts into my uni semester - so I think I might just have to work my arse off for the first 8 weeks, and then I should be Ok for exam etc.
Anyhoo, back onto work, and getting things organised. Have a good one!
EASY DIET DIARY NZ
1 day ago

2 comments:
Every blog I have read today says the same thing....struggling with diet and weight loss. I am the same so you are most certainly not alone!!
It's great that your only "slip up" of the day was the dessert. Don't view this as "failure" but "success" during the rest of the day.
Congrats also on winning the deabte....Awesome!!!!
Yes, no such thing as failure, so don't look at it that way. We all struggle with weight issues, even the skinny will complain they are fat. The key is to think about changing your thinking and the rest will follow. As you know the more you stress the harder it is.
Therefore, remember EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. If you slip today, have salad tomorrow. Light exercise every day, don't overdo it. And believe in yourself. A good weight loss is about half a kg per week. Believe me.
Congratulations also on the big win! How excellent for you! If you are interested in quick meals, let me know. I have a lot of quick, very easy and very simple recipes which will help. Almost as good as packet mixes! Let me know, and I can a) blog them, b) email them, or c) post them to you.
good luck!
xx
Post a Comment