CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Accupuncture - nothing like a bit of a prick!


Friday afternoon I went to see if I could get an appointment with an accupuncturist I have seen on and off for about 15 years. Lucky for me they could fit me in immediately!! My back was still causing me a lot of grief, and I went to see the accupuncturist for some pain relief. I'm not sure how many needles he used, but I think it was around 6, all of them in my lumar region and hips. He also used a technique called cupping where they use glass cups to suck the skin up.
This is supposed to help rejuvinate the qi in the body, and help with pain reduction, and deep tissue repair. It was a very strange feeling, and hurt only a littel bit in one area, but I couldn't see the halm in it. It left some awesome red circles though!!


The day after treatment I felt terrible, but that is also due to the chiro visit. I always feel worse the next day after seeing him. But Yesterday and today my pain has lessened quite a bit, and I'm feeling quite OK. Compared to 1 and half weeks ago, my pain is at about an 4 instead of a 10.


So, I think I should be OK for China now. I'll make the final decision on Thursday whether to go, but I should be OK. I'm having another accupuncture visit on Friday, and off to the Chiro today... so I'm slowly getting there. When I can stop taking panadine forte altogether I will be a happy lady.

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Stuff needles! I so don't like needles! Even those teeny tiny ones!
Cupping.. doesn't it give you nice round bruises too?

Colleen Barnett said...

aah, lovely red hickies on the back! bet it felt good. glad it's on the mend, chicken!

xx