So my boss made a comment that I dress too casually at work. It shit me off that he said it, but once I got over that bit I have decided it was warranted. Now that I am General Manager, I need to look a bit more presentable I suppose. NAd wear what I do currently cause I have stacked on so much weight that none of my nice clothes fit me anymore.
So, last night I went to Myers.... god help me. I HATE shopping for clothes. Firstly I did shoes - I tried on a pair which didn't fit, then I said to the lady just bring me out whatever you have with closed toe and heel in a size 11. Second pair I tried on were perfect. They are made by Planet Shoes, but I can't find a piccy on the net for you. They are very comfy!
Then I went up to the BIB section of womens clothing - you know, the area for bigger women. I got all in a fluster cause it was all kinda overwhelming - I am not a girly girl, so didn't like the fact I had to by girly clothes. I was ultimately looking for a shawl type thingy to wear to an awards dinner tonight - and I ended up with a thing called a mesh cardy in black. It looks great.
Then I ended up asking the saleswomeen to help me - so she loaded me up with about 8 items and sent me off to a fitting room. I tried on heaps of pants and a few tops. Most of the pants were a stretchy type material, so they actually fit and looked good.
In the end I spent $440 on 2 pairs of pants, and 3 tops (incl the cardy). Fucking expensive!! But at least I'll look the part at work now. The brand I bought was TS 14+ and the clothes I got were on pages 26 (the cardy), pg7 (grey groupie pants) and pg4 (sable pants) of their summer colleciton. The tops were green and a bluey purple.
So all in all an expensive, but worthwhile shopping trip - I will get one more pair of pants next week, and then a few shirts and Iw ill be set for a few months... well at least till I drop some kilo's anyways. Thankfully most of what I bought from there was and 18 or 20..... I HAVE to get back to a 16.
Tonight is the Electronics Industry association dinner, and I will be going and dressing up as a girl.... as in skirt, top, cardy (!), highheels, and makeup. Its going to be a long day and a long night - getting up at 5:30am kinda kills me!!
EASY DIET DIARY NZ
1 day ago

2 comments:
ooh sounds lovely. But Myer? Who can afford to shop in Myer! At least the clothes you bought will be great quality. Now take yourself to best and less or target and get some more affordable things! Target have lovely larger size clothing and slightly more affordable. Get yourself soft flowing tops that come to mid hip and you will look stunning!
xxx
I have seen that brand before, it's gorgeous! I might even order some! And I got your 'card' today... HEEE HEEE HEEE... thanks so much! Nagging does pay off!
Post a Comment